EC-Design provides expert functionality for application integration based on electronic messages and
web services. EC-Design is a powerful UML (Unified Modeling Language) data- and message modeling
tool which enables you to specify any number of messages or web services in a consistent manner,
based on one shared enterprise / business data model.
The following functionality is supported by EC-Design:
- Relational datamodelling: entities, attributes, relations, codelists
- Derivation of hierarchic models (views) of the relational datamodel (on two levels: transaction and functional message)
- Business rules (on three levels: datamodel, transaction and functional message)
- Generation of W3C XML Schemas, a message schema and optionally a datatype schema, including a datatype mapping and a check on XML tags.
- XML namespaces support to automatically link to externally defined XML Schema's
- Support for unlimited number of XML dialects per datamodel
- Flat file message specifications
- Edifact directory maintenance
- Transaction mapping to Edifact message, including a correctness check
- HTML and RTF output of specifications of datamodel, transaction, functional messages and mapping. This output can be configured by various print options.
- SQL Database Create Script generation for the datamodel
- Variaous smart documents, like Transaction Cross Reference, or various Used By documents on datamodel level
Customers using EC-Design are supported on http://support.ec-design.nl.
Each customer gets a login on this website, where software updates can be downloaded and questions can be posted.
Support issues are normally answered within 24 hours.
For new customers we have developed a trial version of EC-Design. If you are interested in it or if you have any other questions, please contact us by e-mail or telephone.